1. Place the oil, 1/2 C sugar and the egg whites into a large mixing bow.
2. With an electric mixer on low speed cream the ingredients together.
3. The mixture should be very smooth and have a creamy consistency.
4. In a different mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
5. Beginning with the dry ingredients alternate back and forth with the milk into the creamed mixture.
6. Stir to moisten after each addition.
7. Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
8. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying each cup with a non stick cooking spray.
9. Fill each cup 2/3 full of the batter.
10. Bake the muffins 18 minutes or until a golden brown.
11. While the muffins are baking mix the remaining 1/2 C of sugar and the cinnamon together in a small bowl.
12. When the muffins are done remove them from the muffin tin.
13. Coat the tops with the cinnamon sugar by turning the muffins upside down and swirling them around in the bowl.