* 8 chicken thighs, skinless boneless
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp. cooking oil (canola or safflower is fine)
* 1 large sweet orange, zested fully and squeezed
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 3 Tbsp. honey
* 1 tsp. grated ginger root
* 2 green onions, chopped fine, for garnish
1) Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken, coating each side.
2) In large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Put the chicken in when hot and cook 4 to 5 minutes on both sides until slightly browned.
3) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, measure out 1 teaspoon of the orange zest, 1/4 cup of orange juice, and add to that the garlic, honey, and ginger root, mix together, then pour over chicken in skillet.
4) Bring mixture to a boil in skillet, scraping up the browned pieces from the bottom, then reduce heat to low and simmer slowly for 8 to 10 minutes, uncovered.
5) Chicken is done when juices run clear when cut with a knife tip. The orange mixture should be a thick syrup.
6) Sprinkle chicken in skillet with green onions if desired and serve.