Coffee Cinnamon Chocolate Truffles
*1 TBSP boiling water
*2 tsp instant coffee
*2 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
*1/3 C heavy whipping cream
*6 (1 oz) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
*2 TBSP butter, room temperature
*3 TBSP sugar
1. Dissolve the instant coffee completely in the boiling water.
2. Add the cinnamon and stir to combine.
3. Pour the whipping cream into a small saucepan.
4. Position the pan over medium heat on the stove.
5. Heat just to boiling.
6. Take the pan away from the heat.
7. Add the chocolate to the boiling mixture.
8. Add the butter and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
9. Whisk the coffee mixture into the chocolate mixture.
10. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm enough to roll.
11. Roll the mixture into balls with your hands.
12. Place the remaining cinnamon into a small bowl.
13. Add the sugar and mix to combine.
14. Roll the balls through the cinnamon mixture to cover completely.
15. Place on the wax paper.
15. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Truffles look so pretty and fancy, that most folks think they're too hard to make. They're really not, especially this recipe. The flavor is incredible, and the method is simple. Put them in a little candy box to give as a gift or just enjoy them with your family. They look like you paid a fortune at a gourmet chocolate shop, but we know you're smarter than that!