1. Place the water, cereal, apple and apple juice into a 5 qt. crock pot.
2. Add the apricots, cranberries and raisins, stir.
3. Add the syrup, cinnamon and salt and stir to blend in well.
4. Turn crock pot to LOW, cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the fruit has softened.
5. Sprinkle each individual serving with walnuts. Will serve 6.
This works as an overnight breakfast dish. Throw it all together before you go to bed and it's ready in the morning. The aroma alone will wake you up!
Use any variety of dried fruits that you like, and your favorite chopped nuts. If your kids claim they don't like hot cereal in the morning, this recipe will change their mind.