Cranberry Eggnog Breakfast Strata
*1 baguette, cut into 20 slices
*1 C eggnog
*1/2 C milk
*1/4 tsp. nutmeg
*1 C frozen cranberries
*1/4 C cold butter, cut up
*1/3 C brown sugar, firmly packed
*1/3 C pecan pieces
1. Spray a large baking dish with a non stick butter flavored cooking spray.
2. Place the bread in a single layer into the prepared baking dish.
3. Carefully break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Add the eggnog and the milk to the eggs and whisk until well blended.
5. Sprinkle the nutmeg into the mixture and whisk until combined.
6. Pour the mixture evenly over the slices of bread.
7. Let the bread stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, then turn the bread slices over.
8. Sprinkle the cranberries evenly over the slices of bread.
9. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
10. Set the oven temperature at 400 degrees and allow the oven to heat.
11. Place the butter and brown sugar into a mixing bowl. Blend with a pastry blender until you achieve coarse crumbs.
12. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the bread.
13. Bake in the heated oven 12 minutes.
14. Remove and sprinkle the pecan pieces on top.
15. Return to the oven and bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Don't wait for the Holidays to make this breakfast strata! If you have a special morning planned for your family, or for house guests, this is the perfect dish. The aroma alone will perk everyone up in the morning. The color and flavor is incredible, too!