1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Put cranberry orange relish in food processor and process until very smooth, taste and add more sugar if desired; set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy, then add the vanilla extract and continue mixing until just blended in.
4. With mixer running slowly, add flour, then spices, and finally the salt, mixing until blended. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl down while you do this.
5. Remove the mixing bowl from mixer and stir in the pecans by hand.
6. Form this cookie dough into about 1 to 2 inch balls and set on a greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
7. Using your thumb, gently press a crater into the center of each cookie.
8. Carefully fill the crater with about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of the blended cranberry orange relish.
9. Bake cookies in preheated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then slide off onto cooling rack to let cool completely.