* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 lbs beef for stew, cut into 1" pieces
* 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced into halves
* 2 tablespoons chopped onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 1/2 cups beef broth
* 1/3 cup dry sherry
* 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1/4 cup water
* hot cooked noodles
1. Brown beef in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain fat. Put beef in crock pot.
2. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, marjoram and bay leaf. Stir well. Then add broth and sherry.
3. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
4. Remove bay leaf. Turn heat to high. Combine sour cream, flour and water in a bowl. Add 1 cup of liquid from the crock pot. Pour mixture back into crock pot and stir.
5. Cover and cook (on high) for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve over hot noodles.