* 2 Tbsp butter
* 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
* 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1/2" pieces
* 1/4 cup flour
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 2 cups cream
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onion and celery in hot butter and oil in large saucepan over medium heat until celery is soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add bell pepper and cook until soft, about another 2 minutes.
3. Stir in flour and chicken broth and cook, stirring, for about another minute.
4. Add potato to saucepan and heat bring mixture up to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Keeping heat on low, add chicken and asparagus and simmer slowly until asparagus is fork tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in cream and salt & pepper. Serve immediately.