* 2 cans (8 1/2 oz each) whole kernel corn, drained
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
* 3/4 cup evaporated milk
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
*1 tablespoon butter
*1/4 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Spray an oven baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Pour mixture into dish.
5. Bake, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Melt butter in saucepan and stir in bread crumbs.
7. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the corn dish and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until bread crumb mixture browns slightly.
I've never been much of a fan of creamed corn out of a can, so I was a little hesitant to even try this recipe. Well, this dish is nothing like that stuff you pour out of a can and call it creamed corn. This creamy corn casserole is very, very, smooth and yummy, and doesn't have that "canned" taste at all. Don't skip the bread crumbs because it just gives the casserole a real "finished" look and taste. This is a kid-friendly recipe, too. It's just sweet enough, and has no onions. Enjoy!