* 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 2 medium onions, diced
* 2 carrots, sliced
* 2 celery ribs, sliced
* 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup flour
* 1 1/2 cups half and half
* optional: fresh chopped basil for topping
1. Put all ingredients, except flour and half & half in crock pot. Mix well. Cook, covered, on high for 3-4 hours.
2. Combine flour with half & half then pour into soup while gently stirring. Cover and cook another 30-45 minutes.
My crock pot has found a new purpose! Everytime I make a creamy soup, my crock pot is the appliance of choice. Cream based soups are notorious for scorching, so my crock pot has come to the rescue. This potato soup has all the traditional good stuff going on, like carrots, celery, onion, and of course, potatoes, with a fabulous finish of creamy half and half added. When you serve this soup, sprinkle a little bit of fresh basil chopped into ribbons for a fancy look and wonderful and warm aroma.