Creamy Pumpkin Nut Fudge
* 4 C of sugar
* 1 C of milk
* 3 tbsp light corn syrup
* 1 C pumpkin puree
* 3 tbsp unsalted butter, broken up
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 C walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Butter the bottom and side of a 9 in square pan and set aside.
2. In a large heavy saucepan put the sugar.
3. The milk and corn syrup are poured in.
4. The pumpkin puree is folded in and all ingredients mixed together well.
5. Place the saucepan over medium low heat.
6. Cook stirring constantly until the sugar has completely dissolved.
7. Once the sugar has dissolved stop stirring and continue to cook until a candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees.
8. Take pan from the heat.
9. The butter is added but do not stir the mixture.
10. Let the mixture cool until the candy thermometer reaches 140 degrees.
11. The vanilla is added and stirred in.
12. Using a wooden spoon stir in the walnuts and stir briskly for 45 seconds.
13. The mixture is poured immediately into the prepared pan.
14. Cut into small squares once the fudge begins to harden.
15. Cool completely before removing the fudge to an air tight container.
Did you stock up on canned pumpkin this year. If so, you are in luck! This is wonderfully delicious fudge that will surprise your holiday guests. Don't tell them it's pumpkin and watch the delight start to show on their face as they slowly recognize that familiar flavor.