* 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
* 1 cup pumpkin puree, plain not spiced
* 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* confectioner's sugar to taste
1. Put cream cheese and pumpkin puree in a bowl and, with a hand mixer, blend until smooth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended, tasting for sugar and adding only what is needed.
3. Serve with fruit pieces for a healthier, sweet snack. Controlling the sugar amount keeps this snack lower in carbs. Makes 2 cups but can be doubled, or more.