* 2 Tablespoons butter
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
* 2 cups half & half
* 2 Tablespoons flour
* 1/4 teaspoon thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
* 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* optional topping - croutons
1. Put butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add spinach and onion and cook together until onion is translucent; turn heat to low.
2. Add next 6 ingredients, stir well, and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add Parmesan cheese, stir and heat another 5 minutes.
4. Serve garnished with croutons.