1. Cut the mozzarella into roughly 1 inch cubes.
Take out 3 shallow dishes: put the flour in one dish; put the eggs and milk in another dish and beat together; put bread crumbs, Parmesan, herbs, and salt in last dish and mix together.
2. Roll the mozzarella cubes in flour to coat, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally in the bread crumb mixture, making sure they are coated well, and set aside on a rack.
3. Take out large heavy skillet and pour in 2 inches of high heat cooking oil. Heat oil over medium-high heat, then carefully place mozzarella cubes in a single layer in oil and fry until golden brown, about 4 or 5 minutes. Fry the mozzarella in batches that don't crowd each other in the skillet so they brown evenly.
4. Remove cubes and place on a paper towel covered cooling rack.
5. Serve when cooled to room temperature, placing on a platter with appetizer toothpicks.
Serve with a variety of dipping sauces.
You can replace almond flour for the regular flour and even almond meal for the bread crumbs. That turns this recipe into a low-carb snack. It also gives it a nutty flavor which is perfect with the Mozzarella cheese.
Coconut oil is the perfect oil to add for frying these snacks if you want to go even healthier. And the flavor will also enhance the nutty goodness. Nutty, cheesy, healthy - what could be better? Oh yes, herbs are good for you, too! Enjoy!