Mama’s Crispy Mocha Pie
* 2/3 C butter flavored syrup
* 2 1/2 C toasted rice cereal
* 1 pt chocolate ice cream, slightly softened in the refrigerator
* 1 pt mocha ice cream, slightly softened in the refrigerator
* 1/3 C chopped pecans
* 1 C whipped topping
1. Pour the syrup into a small saucepan.
2. Place the pan over medium heat on the stove.
3. Cook until the syrup just begins to boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low.
5. Stirring constantly cook the syrup for 2 minutes.
6. Place the pan off the stove.
7. Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl.
8. Pour the syrup mixture over the cereal and mix well with a rubber spatula.
9. Lightly butter a 9 inch pie plate on the bottom and up the sides.
10. Using the rubber spatula spread the cereal mixture level in the bottom and up the sides to the top of the pie plate.
11. Set the pie plate in the freezer for 30 minutes so the syrup will harden.
12. After 30 minutes remove the pie plate.
13. Spread the softened chocolate ice cream over the cereal in the pie plate.
14. Place the pie plate back in the freezer and allow the ice cream to firm up.
15. Place the mocha ice cream into a mixing bowl.
16. Add the pecans and stir well.
17. If the ice cream is too soft return it to the freezer to firm up just a little bit.
18. Spread the mocha mixture over the chocolate ice cream in the pie plate.
19. Wrap the pie in freezer wrap and secure tightly.
20. Return to the freezer until the ice cream is very firm.
21. When ready to serve top with a whip topping and enjoy.