1. After picking the blossoms wash them well and pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Leave them on paper to continue drying.
3. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and garlic salt.
4. In a small bowl place the egg, milk and 1 TBSP of canola oil.
5. Whisk together well.
6. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until very smooth.
7. Place 2 TBSP of the oil in large skillet over medium heat.
8. Oil needs to be hot before adding the blossoms.
9. Place the blossoms into the batter and allow to drain slightly.
10. Add a few blossoms to the hot oil and fry until as crisp as you like.
11. Drain well on a piece of paper towel.
12. Add 1 TBSP of canola oil after each frying and reheat before adding more blossoms.
13. Serve slightly warm.