* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 3 large onions, peeled and diced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Brown your stewing beef and then transfer to crock pot after draining.
Cook onions in skillet, cooking until soft; add garlic, cinnamon and allspice and cook for 1 minute. Next, add vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar and bay leaf and stir well.
Pour mixture over meat. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Add feta cheese, cover and cook on High for 10 minutes.
Remove bay leaf and serve over hot pasta.