* 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup (substitute regular cream of mushroom)
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
* 8 boneless pork chops, each about 3/4 inch thick (lightly browned if desired)
* 4 large Granny Smith apples, washed, cored and sliced into circles (do not peel)
* 2 large onions, sliced into wedges (Use regular yellow cooking onions, not sweet or mild. This recipe stands up to a strong onion.)
1. If desired, lightly brown pork chops on both sides in heavy skillet. This adds a nice color to the dish.
1. Put first 5 ingredients in crock pot and mix well. Top with pork chops. Arrange apples and onions over the pork chops.
2. Cook on low, covered, for 8-9 hours.