* 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
* 4 medium carrots, peeled, sliced in bite size pieces diagonally
* 3 egg yolks
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 Tbsp lemon juice
* 1 dash hot pepper sauce
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 3/4 cup coarsely crushed crackers (like Ritz)
* 1 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan, put the cauliflower and carrots, add water about half way up, and put over high heat and bring to a boil, turn heat down to a slow boil and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are just barely fork tender. Drain well and dump into a large shallow casserole dish.
3. In a food processor, add the egg yolks, salt, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce and start blending just to mix, then, with motor running, slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue blending until sauce thickens.
4. Pour sauce over the cauliflower-carrot casserole.
5. In separate bowl, stir together the cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon of melted butter until combined well, then distribute evenly over the vegetables with mixture.
6. Put in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the crumbs have browned some.
7. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve warm. Makes 4 to 6 servings.