* 2 Tbsp cooking oil
* 1 small yellow onion, diced
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tsp mustard seeds
* 2 Tbsp raisins
* 1/2 lemon, zested and squeezed
* 2 Tbsp curry powder
* 3 carrots, medium size, coarse chopped
* 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
* 1 Tbsp honey
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook onions until softened, then add the garlic and mustard seeds and heat until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add the raisins, lemon zest and juice, and stir together, heating for about 1 minute.
3. Add the curry powder, carrots, stock and honey and stir together, bringing to a boil briefly.
4. Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer slowly and gently for about 25 to 35 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
This dish is sweet, yes, but the curry and mustard add a lot of nice bite. Spoon this over brown rice or a mix of brown and wild rice and serve alongside grilled pork tenderloin or hearty chunks of pork roast. Barbecued ribs would be another good choice for this sweet and tangy side.