Dazzling Christmas Bread
* 1/2 C butter, softened
* 1 C white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 3/4 C pumpkin puree
* 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 C chopped pecans, divided
* 1/4 C confectioners' sugar
* 2 TBSP heavy cream
* 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg at a time, mixing well between additions.
4. In a smaller bowl fold together flour, baking soda, salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and ginger.
5. Stir in half of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture slowly.
6. Add 1/2 of the pumpkin puree to mixture and stir.
7. Slowly add remaining flour mixture.
8. Stir in rest of the pumpkin puree.
9. Add 3/4 C of pecans and stir gently.
10. Using a rubber spatula fold in chocolate chips.
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
12. Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan.
13. Place bread mixture into loaf pan.
14. Sprinkle with remaining pecan pieces.
15. Bake 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
16. To make the icing place confectioners' sugar into a mixing bowl.
17. Stir in heavy cream.
18. Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
19. Continue to stir until smooth.
20. Place icing on bread once bread has cooled.
This bread just fills the house with that Christmas aroma... you know, nutmeg, cinnamon, pecans, and even pumpkin. It's moist, sweet, and delicious. This bread will surely become a holiday tradition.