* 4 tbsp butter, divided
* 1 onion, chopped fine
* 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
* 2 carrots, peeled and diced fine
* 1 cup mushrooms, diced or sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
* 3 cups cooked turkey, diced
* 2 cups cooked vegetables, cut small
* 2 cups turkey gravy
* 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
* 1/2 tbsp dried crushed sage
* 4 cups mashed potatoes, at room temperature
* 1/2 cup milk
* salt and ground black pepper
* 1 pie crust pastry for deep dish pie pan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place pie pastry in deep pie pan, arranging pastry up the sides of the pan.
2. In a large skillet, add 3 tablespoons of the butter and melt over low heat; add the onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables soften.
3. Add in the turkey, cooked vegetables, and gravy (using more or less gravy as desired.)
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the fresh parsley and sage.
5. Immediately turn mixture into pie crust in pie pan.
6. In a separate bowl, put the mashed potatoes and mix in the milk until potatoes are somewhat softened; then spread this potato-milk mixture over the ingredients in the pie pan.
7. Break up the remaining butter and scatter the pieces evenly over the potatoes, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes have gotten lightly browned.
9. Remove and let sit for 3 minutes, then cut and serve. Will serve about 6 to 8 people.