Delicious Angelic Biscuits
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 2 C of hot roll mix
* 3 tsp yeast (if a packet comes in hot roll mix use 3 tsp of that yeast)
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1/2 C very hot water (125 degrees)
* 1 C of flour, divided
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Put the butter and egg in a bowl and mix until combined well.
2. Add the hot roll mix and yeast.
3. Place the baking powder and sugar into the bowl.
4. Pour in the hot water, mixing until completely combined.
5. Sprinkle in 6 Tbsp of the flour and knead the dough until it is no longer sticky, adding flour if necessary.
6. Flour your hands light and mix 2 tbsp of flour into the dough until smooth and elastic.
7. Cover and let it set for 5 minutes.
8. On a lightly floured surface pat out to 1/2 inch thick.
9. Cut into round biscuits.
10. Put them on a cookie sheet prepared with non stick spray.
11. Brush the top of the biscuits with the melted butter.
12. Fold the biscuits over and brush the tops with butter again.
13. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let them rise 2 hours.
14. Bake the biscuits in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes or until nicely browned.
When you are serious about baking the perfect biscuits for a special event, you need a serious recipe. These biscuits are truly angelic! They really could pass for the main course!