1. Fill a large pot with cold water and add eggs along with a tablespoon of white vinegar (this helps keep the white from leaking out of any cracked shells.)
2. Bring the pot to a good rolling boil, put cover on pot, remove from heat and let stand for exactly 13 minutes.
3. Meanwhile fill a large bowl with ice cubes and cold water and set in sink.
4. As soon as timer goes off, remove eggs from water and immediately put eggs in ice water bath to cool quickly (this prevents the yolks from turning green.)
5. When the eggs are cold, peel. (Hit egg on fat end then roll to crack completely to make peeling as easy as possible.)
6. Taking a sharp knife, cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks carefully, putting them in a bowl.
7. Add to the yolks the mayonnaise, jalapeno, cumin, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Mix together until smooth and creamy, then stir in salt, black pepper, and paprika to taste.
8. Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture. Top with a sprig of parsley if desired.
9. Store in refrigerator until needed and serve cool. Makes 24 stuffed eggs.
If you ever thought deviled eggs were boring, try these! They are wonderfully spicy and make not only a good snack, but actually a nice lunch. Eggs are loaded with protein and other nutrients, so this is a great way to enjoy a healthy treat.
You can avoid the mayonnaise if you like by substituting another creamy food, like Greek yogurt or even hummus. Whatever you use to make this, you'll end up with a delicious deviled egg!