* 4 Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
* 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
* 1 onion, cut into wedges
* 1 1/2 cups beef stock
* dash black pepper
* 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
* 1/2 to 1 Tbsp curry powder
* 2 tsp dried thyme
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 3 lbs beef roast
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the potatoes, carrots, onion, beef stock, and dash black pepper in the crock pot.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, curry, thyme, and oregano, then spread over beef roast.
3. Lay the seasoned beef roast on top of the vegetables in crock pot.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
5. Remove the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice thin; scoop out vegetables and lay next to meat, then cover platter with foil to keep meat and veggies warm.
6. Pour the juices remaining in the crock pot into a small saucepan and place on a burner over medium-high heat.
7. Whisk together in a bowl the water and flour, then whisk into the juices in the saucepan, bringing to a boil, then turn down to low and simmer until gravy is thickened.
8. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
Serve the gravy with the beef and vegetables.