Double Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole
* 3 lbs. white potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 2 eggs
* 1 (4 oz.) pkg. mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
* 3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced and divided
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1/8 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tbsp butter
1. Completely cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan.
2. Bring the water to a rapid boil over high heat.
3. Cover the pan and cook the potatoes 30 minutes or until they are fork tender.
4. Drain well in a large colander.
5. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or an electric mixer until smooth.
6. In a large mixing bowl slightly beat the eggs with a fork.
7. Place both types of cheese into the bowl with egg.
8. Add in 2 tbsp of parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
9. Mix together until well blended together well.
10. Stir the egg mixture in with the mashed potatoes.
11. Beat the potatoes 2 minutes with and electric mixer on medium speed.
12. Spray a glass casserole dish generously with a non stick cooking spray.
13. Spread the potato mixture evenly into the prepared casserole dish.
14. Dot the butter over the top of the casserole.
15. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until completely heated through.
16. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley before serving.
I added mozzarella cheese by mistake actually the first time we made these potatoes. I thought I had a package of Monterey Jack in my hand and didn't really discover it was mozzarella cheese until I served the potatoes. The potatoes were all nice and goey and stringy like a pizza! I checked out the back of cheese I had thrown out, and sure enough, it was mozarella.
I can't say we were disappointed, especially the kids. I'd have to say these are not only tasty potatoes, but fun! Enjoy!