Easy as Pie Freezer Dough
* 2 C sifted all purpose flour
* 1 tsp. salt
* 3/4 C shortening
* 4 to 5 TBSP ice water
* Wax paper
* Freezer wrap
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and salt and toss to mix.
2. With a pastry blender or two knives cut in the shortening.
3. Mixture should become crumbly.
4. Place 1 TBSP of water in the mixture and toss with a fork.
5. Continue adding 1 TBSP of water at time until completely moistened.
6. When adding each TBSP of water only add it to the dry ingredients.
7. Moistened ingredients should be pushed to the side until all the dry ingredients have been moistened.
8. When all the dry ingredients are moistened the dough should hold together but not be sticky to the touch.
9. Once completely moistened use your hands to form a mound.
10. Divide the mound into two sections.
11. Roll each section into a ball.
12. Wrap each ball in wax paper.
13. Wrap tightly with the freezer wrap and place in the freezer until ready to use.
14. Dough will maintain freshness for up to two months.
15. To use bring to room temperature.
16. Roll out to desired size on a floured surface.
17. Use as normal in your favorite recipe.