1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 2 quart baking dish, combine all the ingredients, stirring well with a rubber spatula until everything is nice and smooth and nothing is stuck to the side of the baking dish.
3. Bake 2 hours in a 350 degree oven until thick and transparent, stirring often.
4. Remove from oven and let cool to almost room temperature.
5. Spoon into glass jars and continue to cool, uncovered, in the refrigerator.
6. When the mixture is cold, you can screw on the lids to the jars.
7. Refrigerate any leftover portions.
Once you have a jar or two of this apple butter in your refrigerator, you'll find all kinds of uses for it. Our favorite is just to spread it on some toasted English muffins. But, it can also be a nice addition to waffles or pancakes. You'll know what to do with it once you taste this apple butter.
I like also that you bake this apple butter instead of cooking it on the stove top. You hardly have to watch it at all. Just pull it out of the oven every 20 to 30 minutes or so, give it a stir, and pop it back in the oven. Very simple!