Easy Chicken Party Pate - Crock Pot
* 1/2 C flour
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1 lb chicken livers, cut up
* 3 slices bacon
* 1 onion, chopped fine
* 2 C of chicken broth
* 1 (11 oz) can golden mushroom soup
* 1 (4 oz) can mushroom, sliced and drained well
1. In a skillet over medium heat cook the bacon 8 minutes or until crisp.
2. Drain the bacon well on paper towel.
3. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl.
4. Coat the chicken livers in the flour mixture.
5. Place the coated livers and the onions into the bacon grease.
6. Cook 5 minutes or until the livers are browned and onion is just tender.
7. Stir in 1 C of chicken broth.
8. Cook the mixture just until it begins to boil.
9. Carefully pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
10. Crumble the bacon into the mixture.
11. Gently stir in the remaining broth.
12. Add the soup and the mushrooms stirring to blend well.
11. Cook covered for 3 hours on low temperature.
12. When done, uncover, let cool for a minute, then mix well using a potato masher if needed, to make sure the pate is combined. You may put this mixture in the blender if you prefer your pate absolutely smooth, but this is supposed to be a heartier version.
I never considered making a chicken liver pate before because every recipe I read involved straining the liver through a colander or some such awful thing. This is a very easy recipe, without all the fussy stuff. Just plain good!
It will be somewhat chunkier than the pate you are familiar with. This is a very "rustic" recipe, so expect chunks.