Easy Garlic Bean Bake
* 1 1/2 C white beans, cooked according to pkg. directions
* 2 slices of smoked thick cut bacon
* 1 onion, chopped fine
* 1 TBSP minced garlic
* 1 (8 Oz) can tomato sauce
* 1/4 C sugar free pancake syrup
* 1/3 C low sodium chicken broth
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat for 8 minutes or until crisp.
2. Drain the bacon well on paper towel then crumble.
3. Place the onion into the skillet with the bacon drippings.
4. Cook the onion 5 minutes or until fork tender.
5. Stir in the garlic and tomato sauce.
6. Pour the syrup and the chicken broth into the skillet and stir to blend.
7. Bring the mixture to a brisk boil then remove the skillet from the heat.
8. Preset the oven to 400 degrees and allow the oven to heat.
9. Place the bean in an ungreased baking dish.
10. Stir the tomato mixture into the beans well.
11. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
12. Bake 45 minutes or until the onions have caramelized and the dish is heated through.