1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Brown ground beef; drain fat.
3. Combine browned beef with onion, celery, tomatoes, salt and pepper, stir to mix well.
4. Put about 1/3 of the cabbage in the baking dish.
5. Spread 1/2 of the beef mixture over the cabbage.
6. Repeat 1/3 cabbage, then 1/2 beef mixture.
7. Put final 1/3 cabbage on top and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of that.
8. Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
I love the ease of making this dish. I use prepackaged coleslaw for the cabbage because it's simple and I like the added color of the red cabbage and carrots. It just dresses the casserole up a little.
But, you can buy a head of cabbage and shred it pretty easily. It is much less expensive that way so, you have a couple options.