Find out why Family Dinner Time can make ALL the difference.
Watch this Free Video: Dinner Time Video
Macaroni and Cheese from Scratch
(Easy Macaroni and Cheese)
* 2 C elbow macaroni
* 2 1/2 TBSP butter, divided
* 1 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour
* 1 1/2 C milk
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1 1/2 (6 oz) C shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 C dried unflavored breadcrumbs
1. Cook macaroni according to pkg directions and drain.
2. Melt 1 TBSP of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Place breadcrumbs in melted butter.
4. Toast for about 2 minutes being sure to stir often.
5. In a large saucepan over medium heat melt remaining butter.
6. Slowly add flour.
7. Cook 1 minute stirring continuously.
8. Add milk.
9. Continue to cook until mixture thickens.
10. Stir often to keep milk from scorching.
11. Remove pan from heat.
12. Add salt and pepper.
13. Stir in cheese and continue stirring until all the cheese has melted.
14. Mixture should be very smooth.
15. Add macaroni and stir until all the macaroni is completely coated.
16. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.