* 6 cucumbers, sliced thin
* 1 lg. red onion, sliced thin
* 2 TBSP salt
* 1 C white vinegar
* 3/4 C sugar
* Freezer containers
1. Lay the cucumbers in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the onion slices to the cucumbers and toss together.
3. Sprinkle with the salt to cover well.
4. Toss to be sure the salt is distributed equally.
5. Allow to stand 2 hours at room temperature.
6. Place the mixture into a colander and rinse well with cold water.
7. Allow to drain completely.
8. Pour the vinegar into a mixing bowl.
9. Sprinkle the sugar into the vinegar.
10. Mix until the sugar has completely dissolved.
12. Put the cucumbers and onions in a large bowl.
13. Pour the vinegar mixture over the top.
14. Stir slightly to help cover the cucumbers and onions.
15. Fill each freezer container 2/3 full of the mixture.
16. Secure the lid tightly and freeze for at least 2 weeks before using.
17. When ready to serve thaw in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
18. To use faster run cold water over the freezer container until mixture has thawed completely.