* 2 C of old fashioned oats
* 1/2 C of coconut, flaked
* 1/2 C of toasted wheat germ
* 1/4 C of oat bran
* 1/4 C of sunflower seeds
* 1/4 C of almond slivers
* 1/4 C of pecan pieces
* 2 tbsp sesame seeds
* 1/4 C of honey
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 2 tbsp orange peel, grated
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 C of dried cranberries
* 1/2 C dried apricots, chopped
* 3 tbsp of golden raisins
1. Set the oven temperature to 350 and preheat.
2. In a large bowl toss together the oats, coconut, wheat germ and oat bran.
3. Stir in the sunflower seeds, almond slivers, pecan pieces and sesame seeds.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the honey, oil, orange peel, vanilla and salt.
5. Pour the mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well coated.
6. Spread the mixture out evenly into a 15X10 baking pan.
7. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove and cool completely.
9. Stir in the cranberries, apricots and raisins.
10. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes 7 cups.
This granola is a great healthy on-the-run breakfast, snack, or even a good topping for vanilla yogurt. Itís low fat, full of fiber and ready to go whenever you are.
Add any of your favorite dried fruits, nuts or seeds to give this granola exactly the taste youíre looking for.