* 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* freshly ground black pepper
* 2 red onions, halved and sliced thin, lengthwise
* 2 cups chopped dried figs
* 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
* 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
* 1 cup red wine
* 2 pounds whole-grain pizza dough
* flour, for rolling dough
* 6 oz crumbled bleu cheese
1. Preheat oven to 500░F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Over low heat, bring olive oil to temperature in a large skillet.
3. Add salt, pepper, and onions and cook onions until soft and golden.
4. Add figs and cook for an additional minute or so.
5. Add rosemary, olives, and wine, and cook until liquid has nearly evaporated, stirring often.
Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Roll half the pizza dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
7. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and press dough into edges with fingers.
8. Spread half the onion mixture over the dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border at the edge. Repeat this procedure with remaining dough and onion mixture.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Switch baking pan positions halfway through to ensure both pizza crusts end up lightly browned. Remove pan during the last two or three minutes of baking time to sprinkle bleu cheese on top, then return to oven to finish baking.
10. Cut each pizza into 24 squares and cool a few minutes before serving. Makes 24 bite sized servings.