Flank Steak With Roasted Balsamic Veggies
* 1 lb flank steak
* 1 lime, juiced
* salt and pepper
* 2 sweet bell peppers, cleaned and cut each into 8 wedges
* 1 medium size eggplant, washed and cut in quarters lengthwise, then into rough shaped cubes
* 6 Tbsp olive oil, divided
* 2 Tbsp good balsamic vinegar
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Turn broiler on and set rack about 6 inches from heat source.
2. Put flank steak on working surface and drizzle lime juice over, then salt and pepper; turn and repeat on the other side. Place on broiler pan.
Put broiler pan under broiler and cook flank steak for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for about 4 more minutes. The steak should feel somewhat firm. Remove to cutting board and let rest. Cover loosely with a piece of foil to keep it warm.
3. Turn oven broiler off and oven heat on 450 degrees.
4. On a shallow baking pan, spread out the bell peppers and eggplant. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil over and mix with your hands to coat veggies well.
5. When oven is preheated (which won't take long since you used your broiler already) put veggies in and roast for 10 minutes. Then, using a big spatula, turn veggies to brown evenly, and continue cooking for 5 to 10 more minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, clove, and parsley, and set aside.
7. Remove veggies and immediately add to vinaigrette mixture, tossing to combine.
8. Uncover steak and slice into very thin slices.
9. Put a spoonful of roasted veggies on plate and arrange strips of steak alongside and on top.
10. Spoon more of the vinaigrette from the bowl over the top of the steak if desired.
This may be stretched by serving over rice. However, if you are on a low-carb diet, even without the rice, this is a filling meal.
You can actually choose a variety of vegetables to roast. Whatever is in season works for me! Enjoy!