Fresh Grilled Fruit with Creamy Strawberry Dip
* 1 (8 oz.) container part skim ricotta cheese
* 1 (16 oz.) pkg. sweetened frozen strawberries
* 2 tbsp no fat plain yogurt
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 8 strawberries cut in half
* 4 fresh peaches, quartered
* 8 fresh pineapple chunks
* 4 fresh plums cut in half
* 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
* 2 tsp sugar
1. Place the ricotta cheese, strawberries and yogurt in the blender.
2. Sprinkle the ginger over the top of the mixture.
3. Cover and blend until very smooth.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
5. Place the grill temperature on medium high and allow the grill to heat.
6. Place one piece of each type of fruit onto 8 wooden skewers.
7. Whisk the balsamic vinegar and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved.
8. Use a pastry brush and brush the fruit well with the vinegar/sugar mixture.
9. Place the skewers on the grill being sure they do not touch each other.
10. Grill the skewers 6 minutes, turning often and basting with the vinegar/sugar mixture after each turn, or until nicely browned on all sides.
11. Serve the grilled fruit with the chilled dip.
Grilled fruit is always such a treat! It's so pretty and often unexpected when it comes off the grill. Served with the chilled strawberry dip, this dish makes an excellent side dish for grilled chicken, or you can serve it as a lunchtime entree all by itself.