Fruit Filled Stuffing
*1 1/2 C cubed whole wheat bread
*3 3/4 C cubed white bread
*1 lb ground turkey sausage
*1 C chopped onion
*3/4 C chopped celery
*2 1/2 tsp dried sage
*1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
*1/2 tsp dried thyme
*1 Golden Delicious apple, cored, finely chopped
*3/4 C dried cranberries
*1/3 C minced fresh parsley
*1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped
*3/4 C turkey stock
*4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cubed bread on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is toasted.
4. Place toasted bread in a large mixing bowl.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat cook sausage and onions.
6. Add the celery, sage, rosemary and thyme to cooked sausage.
7. Stirring often cook about 5 minutes.
8. Place sausage in with toasted bread.
9. Fold in apples, cranberries, parsley and liver.
10. Add melted butter and turkey stock.
11. Mix well.
12. Stuff up to a 10 lb turkey.
This stuffing is too good to save until Thanksgiving! Make up a batch in a casserole to serve tonight.