1. Adjust the oven temperature to 425 degrees allowing the oven to heat.
2. Whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley until blended well.
3. Gently rub the salmon on all sides with the oil mixture.
4. Place skin side down in shallow roasting pan.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the middle of the salmon fillet is translucent.
6. To remove from pan, slide a metal spatula between the flesh of the fish and the skin, which should be stuck to the pan. If it does not separate, the fish is not cooked through.
If salmon is plentiful where you live, you are a lucky person, indeed! Salmon is one of those "powerhouse" foods, packing a whole lot of bang for the nutritional buck. Besides that, it is so-o-o good!