* 2 TBSP olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 8 C spinach leaves, washed and chopped
* 1 C long-grain white rice
* 2 C of water
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 TBSP milk
* 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
* 2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 2 TBSP sour cream
1. Set oven to preheat to 375 degrees.
2. Place the oil in a pan and add the garlic and spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the rice, water and salt and bring to a boil then simmer 15 minutes.
4. Add the milk, lemon juice, dill, and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Spread into a baking dish, top with the sour cream and cover with foil.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until hot, stir and serve immediately.
If you want to turn this into a main dish, you can shred some leftover cooked chicken and add it to the dish before you put it in the oven. But, as a side dish this is a very flavorful and colorful rice dish. The lemon juice and fresh dill help brighten the spinach flavor. It's an unusually creamy and tasty rice dish that's surprisingly filling and yummy. Enjoy!