Ginger Hoisin Glazed Chicken
*1 TBSP olive oil
*2 chicken breast halves, with skin and bone
*1/4 C Hoisin sauce
*1 TBSP rice vinegar
*2 tsp. no salt soy sauce
*1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
*1 TBSP cilantro, chopped
1. Pour the oil into a large skillet.
2. Position the skillet over medium high heat.
3. Allow the oil to heat.
4. Add the chicken to the hot oil.
5. Cook the chicken 4 minutes.
6. Turn and continue cooking 3 minutes or until browned.
7. Set the oven temperature to 375 degrees and allow it to heat.
8. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
9. Place the chicken skin side up on the prepared sheet.
10. Bake for 12 minutes.
11. Add the vinegar to the Hoisin sauce.
12. Pour the soy sauce into the mixture.
13. Add the ginger and whisk until completely combined.
14. Brush the chicken with the glaze thoroughly.
15. Return the chicken to the oven.
16. Bake 8 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
17. Sprinkle the chicken with the cilantro just before serving
I don't know if I'll ever go back to plain old oven baked chicken again! The aroma of this chicken is so incredible, you may want to bottle it. This is a salty, sweet, and tangy taste all at the same time. The chicken stays incredibly juicy and the flavor really develops as it bakes. Serve alongside some nice steamed snow peas or snap peas for a bright and beautiful dinner.