Glazed Cinnamon Roll Yummies
* 3 C all purpose flour
* 1/4 C granulated sugar
* 1 pkg quick rising active dry yeast
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 C warm water 120-130 degrees
* 6 TBSP softened butter, divided
* 1 egg at room temperature
* 1/2 C packed light brown sugar, divided
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 1/2 C confectioners sugar
* 2-3 TBSP milk
* 1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix together in a large mixing bowl 2 C flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
2. Add warm water and stir.
3. With an electric mixer beat in 2 TBSP of butter and the egg until mixture becomes smooth.
4. Stir in the rest of the flour slowly.
5. Stir until dough forms.
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise to double its size or about 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Grease a 13x9 in baking pan.
9. When dough has doubled lightly dust a flat surface with flour.
10. Roll out dough into a rectangle.
11. Carefully spread the rest of the butter over the top of the dough.
12. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the buttered dough.
14. Starting with the short side of the dough roll the dough up into a tight roll.
15. Using a sharp knife cut the dough into slices.
16. Place slices cut side down into prepared baking dish.
17. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap.
18. Place the baking dish on a wire rack over a slightly larger pan of hot water.
19. Allow slices to rise to double their size.
20. Once the slices have risen uncover.
21. Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
22. Cool long enough to be able to work with the pan without being burnt.
23. Remove to a plate.
24. Mix 2 TBSP of milk, confectioners sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
25. Glaze rolls.