Glazed Salmon and Spinach
* 1/2 C apple cider (not hard cider)
* 1 1/4 TBSP honey
* 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each)
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 lemons halved
* 1 TBSP butter
* 12 oz fresh baby spinach
* 1 1/4 TBSP white cooking wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cider and honey in a pan and bring to boil.
3. Boil until half of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Place fillets in a large pan with the skin facing up.
5. Cover with remaining cider mixture.
6. Allow fillets to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Heat a large cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
8. Salt and pepper the salmon and place into the cast iron skillet flesh side down.
9. Brush with the cider glaze until the fish begins to caramelize or about 2 minutes.
10. Turn the fillets over and brush with cider mixture.
11. Lay lemon halves cut side down on fillets.
12. Put skillet in the oven about 5 to 6 minutes or until fillets are easy to flake.
13. In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
14. Once butter is completely melted add salt, pepper and spinach.
15. Cook until the leaves just begin to wilt.
16. Add the wine and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
17. Drain spinach well.
18. Place spinach on plates and top with salmon and lemon half.