1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put gooseberries and sugar in a medium bowl and stir together gently, then let stand for 15 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, add the flour and salt, and stir together, then add the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream and stir to combine.
4. Into this mixture, add the gooseberries-sugar mixture and stir to coat evenly.
5. Place one pie crust into pie pan, then spoon filling into the pie crust, and place a second crust on top. Crimp the edges to seal and cut slits in the top crust to vent steam during baking.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, remove and cool on rack to room temperature.
7. Serve either room temperature immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
If you can't get fresh gooseberries, you may find them canned in light syrup, the same as other fruit or berries. If you use canned gooseberries, you won't need to do Step 2, but, you will need to drain them.
The sour cream adds a nice tartness to the pie that compliments the sweetness very well. Enjoy!