Granny's Best Cheesecake
* 5 TBSP butter, room temperature
* 1/3 C granulated brown sugar substitute
* 1 C oat flour
* 1 pkg. (8 Oz) cream cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 C granulated sugar substitute
* 1 egg
* 2 TBSP heavy cream
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 TBSP lemon juice
1. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees allowing the oven to preheat.
2. Place the butter, brown sugar substitute and flour into a mixing bowl.
3. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
4. Reserve 1 C of the crumble mixture.
5. Generously grease a square baking pan.
6. Press the remaining crumble mixture into the bottom only of the prepared pan.
7. Bake the crust for 12 minutes.
8. Remove the pan and set aside to cool.
9. Blend the cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth.
10. Break the egg into the cream cheese mixture and blend in well.
11. Add the heavy cream, extract and lemon juice mixing until well blended.
12. Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared crust.
13. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over the top.
14. Bake 25 minutes.
15. Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
16. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
We've taken Granny's recipe and made a few adjustments for people who have taken regular sugar out of their diets. You can make this cheesecake with sugar substitutes, or if you want, you can make it with regular sugar, using the conversions on the package of substitute sugar. Either way it has a great, old fashioned taste and texture. Enjoy!