* 2 lbs. ground beef
* salt and black pepper
* dash garlic salt
* 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced lengthwise
* 1 sweet red bell pepper, diced
* 1/8 cup pickled ginger, diced
* 1/8 cup soy sauce
* 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
* pinch salt and black pepper
* hamburger buns
1. Heat grill to medium. Brush lengths of pineapple with cooking oil and place on grill. Cook, turning a few times, until pineapple is hot and has good grill marks. Remove to cutting board and allow to cool.
2. Cut pineapple into small pieces and put in bowl; add sweet red bell pepper, pickled ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper; toss to combine, taste and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until burgers are ready.
3. Turn grill up to high for burgers. Form the beef into 1/2 thick patties, season with salt, pepper, and dash of garlic powder.
4. When grill is ready, cook burgers 3 to 4 minutes, flip, then continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes or until done as desired.
5. Serve hot burgers on hamburger buns (toasted on the grill if desired) with a large spoonful of chilled pineapple salsa.
A perfectly grilled burger is just the beginning of a great meal. This grilled pineapple salsa has a wonderful sweet flavor but it's not overpowering. The pickled ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar see to that. Sweet and savory is always a delicious combination.
Be sure to cook your burger hot enough to get good grill marks. The charred flavor goes very well with the salsa. Enjoy!