Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Fiery Sauce
* 1 tbsp crushed peppercorn
* 2 tsp of chili powder, divided
* 1 tsp kosher salt
* 1 tsp light brown sugar
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1 1/4 tsp onion powder, divided
* 1/2 C ketchup
* 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
* 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1/4 C water
* 4 (3/4 lb) rib eye steaks (1 inch thick)
* Olive oil
1. Set the steaks out for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. In a mixing bowl stir together the peppercorns, 1 tsp chili powder and the salt.
3. Stir in the light brown sugar, garlic powder and 1/4 tsp onion powder.
4. Press the mixture into both sides of the steaks.
5. Brush the steaks evenly with the olive oil on both sides.
7. The grill is heated to high temperature.
8. For medium steaks grill 12 minutes, turning once.
9. Grill for less time if you like rare steaks and for a little longer for well done steak.
10. Allow the steaks to stand for about 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
11. Whisk the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar together in a pan.
12. Whisk in the brown sugar, remaining chili and onion powder and pepper.
13. Place the pan over low heat and add the water.
14. Stirring often, simmer 10 minutes or until the sugar disolves.
15. Drizzle over steaks and serve.
Rib eye steaks are excellent just with salt and pepper, but why stop there? It's a special treat when we get to grill a real good steak, so we like to fancy it up a bit when we can. The seasonings are wonderful for the steak, but the sauce is worth writing home about. Try this recipe for a special occasion, or any time!