1. Wash and cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/4 thick strips.
2. Grill, broil, or roast eggplant slices until lightly browned and softens.
3. Lay eggplant slices out onto a work surface.
4. Spread the hummus evenly over each eggplant slice.
5. Sprinkle the feta cheese even over each slice.
Top with the onions, sprinkling them evenly on each slice.
6. Distribute the diced tomato pieces on top.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Start at a thin end and roll the eggplant up over the stuffing ingredients.
8. Serve while warm.
Eating healthy does not have to mean a plate of celery and carrot sticks. This eggplant snack is healthy, low carb, and delicious! Just grill the eggplant long enough to get browned slightly. If you don't have a grill, put them either in a skillet to brown or under the oven broiler for a minute or so.
If you want to coax some of the liquid out of the eggplant before you grill them, slice them, then sprinkle cut sides with salt, then lay out on a paper towel covered cooling rack. This will cause the eggplants to 'weep' liquid and be absorbed in the paper towels. Let them sit like this for about 30 minutes, then wipe salt and liquid drops off, and grill.