Hearts-and-Chocolate Breakfast Biscuits
*1 1/2 C flour
*2/3 C sugar
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/4 tsp salt
*10 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and hot
*1/4 C + 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
*1 large egg
*1/4 C + 2 TBSP milk
1. Dump the flour into a large mixer bowl.
2. Add the sugar to the flour and toss to combine.
3. Sprinkle in the baking soda and salt and toss again.
4. Carefully pour the butter into a separate bowl.
5. Whisk the cocoa powder into the mixture until very smooth.
6. Blend in the egg and milk until well combined.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture.
8. Stir from the bottom up until the dry ingredients are just moist.
9. Place the dough onto a piece of wax paper.
10. Shape the dough to form a rectangular shape.
11. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until firm and easy to work with.
12. Heat the oven temperature to 400 degrees while chilling the dough.
13. Remove the dough from out of the refrigerator.
14. Cut out 8 biscuits with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
15. Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet line with parchment paper.
16. Bake 12 minutes or until the tops begin to crack.
17. Allow the biscuits to stand 5 minutes before consuming.
Only on Valentine's Day would you think of serving chocolate biscuits for breakfast! You've got to love these heart-shaped biscuits with that cocoa aroma wafting its way around your kitchen. Don't you wish it was Valentine's Day EVERY DAY?