* 1 cup boiling water
* 1 1/2 cup raisins
* 2 tsp. baking soda
* 3 Tblsp. margarine or butter, melted
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 cups flour
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. baking powder
* 3/4 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
* you'll need 4 (16 oz) clean cans, labels removed.
* preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Boil the water, remove from burner, and mix in the raisins and baking soda and let sit.
2. Mix together the next 7 ingredients in a large bowl until combined well, then stir in the raisin mixture and combine well.
3. Grease four 16-oz. cans that have been washed and paper labels removed.
4. Pour the bread mixture into cans, dividing evenly between the cans.
5. Set cans on cookie sheet and put in 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour.
6. Remove cans from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then turn cans on their sides and slide bread out.